Monday, July 28, 2008

"Bones" progress finally made.

I finally - finally - started writing my Zacksplanation script this weekend, albeit last night. Saturday was spent in East Hampton rehearsing with my scene partner from acting class (who actualy lives in Phildelphia - so, two people with preposterous commutes to NYC) and Sunday was gray, wet and loud, so I did some housecleaning and found my piano.

After dinner, I finally got over the "white page shakes" and went on to write 28 pages of a 60-page script. Had I started that afternoon, I could have easily finished. I'll probably get the chance tomorrow night to do just that, completing my first draft, then going over it to make sure it doesn't completely blow.

I never heard back from any forensic experts. I'm disappointed but not surprised, what with them having actual jobs of importance and time sensitivity. (BTW, the professor from my previous post apologized to me after I sent him a tersely worded response. Now I'm wondering if I should also apologize for being such a bitch.)

But it's making good progress. The second half of my script deals with the actual Zacksplanation and the character Zack Addy, and this is the part I have the most confidence in. Writing for characters that fans of the show love so much, namely Booth and Brennan, is a bit daunting. I don't know if fans will be reading this expecting a completely typical, consistent episode or if they'll be excited to read an episode-formatted version of my Zack theory.

I guess we'll find out. Headlines of the future: "Bones" Fan, Writer, Burned At Stake.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

We'll see which one of us gets burned...both? neither? =)

12:58 PM  
Blogger O'Bloggie said...

I want to see the dude's apology, Jamie!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home