Thursday, June 26, 2008

Don't think I'm weird, please.

I had a dream right before waking up (and nearly missing my alarm clock) that scared the shit out of me. I was riding a bike through my neighborhood and kept seeing pools of blood. Then I started seeing these huge massive things hung from trees, couldn't tell what they were, until I got close to one. And it turned out they were all slaughtered cows. Then I rode past this nasty punkass guy who was taunting a live bull with a huge dagger and cutting it. Right before I woke up to a really crappy song on the radio, I screamed (like screamed) for him to stop.

Good morning, sunshine!

I did a little Googling for dream interpretation and found this:

From Hyperdictionary:

Meaning of SLAUGHTERHOUSE: Seeing or dreaming that you are in a slaughterhouse, suggests that you may need to compromise an aspect of yourself in order to move ahead.


And from Dream Moods Dictionary:

Cow:

To see a cow in your dream, signifies your obedience to authority without question. It symbolizes your passive and docile nature. Alternatively, it represents maternal instincts or the desire to be cared for. For some cultures, the cow represents divine qualities of fertility, nourishment and motherhood.

...

To see a herd of cows, indicates your need to belong.


So, I guess if the cows are slaughtered, I'm averse to authority and aggressive, and don't want to be cared for, and in addition, I need to compromise something in order to move on. Makes perfect sense, and a fine example of "showing" rather than "telling" as far as completely demented storytelling goes. Thank you, subconscious.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home