Thursday, June 19, 2008

Blogging up a storm for a good cause.

Can I just say off the bat that I've had an insanely busy week full of (mostly) fun?

This week I started acting classes, like hardcore Sanford Meisner acting classes, and so far I think I might not such at acting. But it's only the first class, so we'll have to wait and see. I have another one tonight - every Monday and Wednesday, plus hour-long rehearsals iin between. This is especially fun, because that means I get to drive into the city five out of seven days a week now. Mostly in rush hour traffic. And gas is at least $4.23/gallon here. I'd take the train, but the earliest one I can catch after work doesn't arrive in NYC in time, though I will get a break on that soon.

Also, idiot that I am, I forgot to remind myself the side road on which the train station by work is located, so yesterday I was all ready to chill on the train, but instead I just got lost in Hempstead. Yay.

But real, actual fun: Tuesday nights I take a screenwriting class with Michael Showalter. It's truly my favorte part of the week, even above falling asleep Friday nights. We've had four classes, but from the very first one, I had started approaching my screenplay much differently. Then last week, I pitched my screenplay and had the best exchange with Showalter about it, and now I have a much better idea of what I'm doing with it. I can't wait to start really working on it, once the "Bones" script I'm writing is done.

Now the funny thing that I completely left out. "Ghostbusters" is my FAVORITE movie. I got to Showalter's class a few minutes late this week, and when I walked in, he said, "Come on in. We're just watching 'Ghostbusters.'" In a split second, every part of my face got bigger, I gasped, then in an amazingly high-pitched voice, I went, "REEEEEEALLLLLYYYY????" I sat down and started watching, and about a minute later, I realized that half the class had laughed at me. Dork. After class, I told Showalter, "Next week we'll watch 'Ghostbusters 2' and I'll just full-on faint." He said, "I'm bringing 'Ghostbusters 2.'"

But the ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be taking part in the Great b5media Blog-Off on Searching Bones tomorrow. I'll be posting a bunch of posts about "Bones," some my own and some with Wendy from Obsessed with Bones. We'll be officially announcing our script project for "Bones" fans and handing out virtual hugs to those involved with the show. I wrote the bulk of my material Sunday night at about midnight due to my schedule, so it should be pretty interesting. Proceeds from the Blog-Off go to the Actor's Fund. I'll repost my entries after Friday here, but definitely check out Searching Bones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home