Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Please read my previous post first and die happy.

Another from MySpace's Greatest Hits:

November 3, 2007

I am on a spiritual journey. I may do things that may be shocking and painful. Today, I googled myself.

The usual Slack Pack stuff came up, which I expected. I also expected to see some past blog posts and articles come up. The last time I did this, I found out that an article I wrote about Lindsay Lohan and Natalie Portman was translated entirely into German and put on a Natalie Portman fan site. As someone with a lot of German in them, I found this rather cool. Hey, international, bro!

But then the surprising stuff:

I am a "celebrity."

I can be seen in bed with a strange man because he had a beer that I wouldn't drink if I was waterboarded with it.

My Keith Olbermann blogs are picked up constantly. (Probably because of Keith Olbermann and not me, but still.)

I found out that my one meeting with the NY Democratic Lawyers Council, which was a failed attempt to find hot Democratic lawyers, resulted in a membership.

Someone out there thinks I'm a "rising talent" based on my FishbowlNY articles and my two Black Table appearances. Maybe I am. But I am definitely over the serial comma.

This discovery comes at the end of a kickass media week; I not only published my first political article in Newsday, but I also scored my buddies three Halloween radio spots to promote their movie Lost Suburbia. Okay, two radio spots and then I hijacked a WNYC radio show the same morning during a call-in segment and plugged the movie. But it got out there! It's the first time I've launched a publicity campaign for them that has actually yielded a result! Yay!

So google yourself. You might be marginally famous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home