Monday, April 28, 2008

Notes for a Monday morning

*Underage sex questions aside, Miley Cyrus looks busted in this picture:



*It took me almost an hour and a half to drive to work this morning because it was raining. I swear, Long Islanders panic at the thought of any hint of precipitation.

*If I ever get married, and I would generally like to if I can find someone with the patience of a saint, I will have a co-ed "wedding shower" instead of a bridal shower, and there will be no fucking games. Just presents, food and alcohol for all.

*Ken Levine is no longer on my shitlist. Turns out we are on the same page. Read his blog here, and hear from someone who wrote some classic sitcoms.

*The Huffington Post audience is not as tolerant as you'd think. After my recent article defending tattoos (which had placed Mr. Levine on my shitlist), nine highly important people with what I would imagine are multiple Ph.D.s in psychology, sociology and/or dermatology admonished me for having tattoos. I was called such colorful things such as "bimbo," "misguided" and was informed that I would look really ugly at 50. I saw the same posters commenting on other stories involving tattooed female celebrities, and they were still really riled up about those of us dirty, painted whores.

*I pulled my back three weeks ago and it hurts all over again. I don't like that, because I like wearing heels. They make my legs look longer, and I'm like all torso. If I can't bend over to pick up a shampoo bottle without wincing, is it time to talk to a doctor?

*I cannot wait for "Bones" tonight. There's a baby in it. There are three handsome men in the cast. And there are few greater things in my mind than good-looking men holding babies. I will be recapping/bloviating on this later tonight, post-broadcast.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

"It took me almost an hour and a half to drive to work this morning because it was raining. I swear, Long Islanders panic at the thought of any hint of precipitation."

Here on the left coast in Seattle, you'd think our waterlogged climate would mean we all drive like Formula One pros in the rain. Oh, if only! We had a a hard squall at rush hour today and as usual the freeways all turned to parking lots. I blame people who moved here from dry climes to work for Microsoft.

Fortunately for me, today is the start of the spring/summer Water Taxi season, and getting to work downtown from West Seattle means walking a block to the beach, taking a free shuttle 10 minutes down the beach to Seacrest Park, and taking the Water Taxi across Elliott Bay, then walking to work. Riding across the water and enjoying the view of the mountains and the downtown skyline is such a great way to start the day, compared to slugging it out across the West Seattle bridge in the truck.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home