Monday, May 05, 2008

A comedy-writing fangirl's day is made.



So, all two of you will recall my recent dust-up with comedy writer Ken Levine, who has written for such classic sitcoms as "M.A.S.H.," "Cheers" and "Fraiser." To recap, Mr. Levine writes an "American Idol" post on "Huffington Post" every week. Two weeks ago, I'd kind of bugged out over all the Carly Smithson-tattoo remarks, as well as one remark made about David "Puppy" Archuleta. In response, nine people admonished me for having tattoos, but one person said I shouldn't be mean to Ken Levine. That bothered me - I wasn't trying to be mean to someone who had a career that I respected so much. So I emailed Mr. Levine to make it clear that he merely said something that irked me, and we both agreed to disagree and stand by our own comments. In a nutshell, we were actually on the same page, because much like text messaging, it is not always easy to tell when someone is being facetious in a digital format.

Anyway, I thanked Mr. Levine for his kind response, but couldn't resist asking more questions about his work in comedy. He was awesome enough to take time out of his busy schedule to answer them. Read his response here:

Your Q's, My A's on By Ken Levine

Thanks a bunch, Ken!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home