Sunday, April 20, 2008

My future firstborn's namesake gets married.

When being interviewed for a spot in an acting class, I was asked about a when I'd experienced the most joy. And I came up blank. But that weekend, I remembered that it had happened not too long ago - it was when the New York Giants won the Super Bowl. My dad was watching the Sports Illustrated DVD and it all came back to me. I remembered how incredibly happy I was during the playoffs to see the Giants completely upset the Dallas Cowboys, and then the Green Bay Packers, each in the respective weekends surrounding my 28th birthday. Then, with hardly anyone thinking it would happen (save for a few contrarians including my journalistic hero Keith Olbermann, see the video below), the Giants won the Super Bowl.

I swear, nothing in my life has made me happier than that moment, and it will take a hell of a lot to top it. I'm not even sure that even if I get married or have children (the latter of which I could still conceivably do without the former) that the pure joy and happiness I felt while watching Super Bowl XLII will be trumped. As someone who had a really crappy 2007, to watch the Giants, who started out rough and sure had their drawbacks, win the Super Bowl when NO ONE thought they would, it meant the world.

And this weekend, the Giants quarterback Eli Manning got married. Like I said, I'm not sure if this wedding tops winning the Super Bowl, but I'm sure he tells his new bride that she's totally the best thing about his life right now. No, really. But seriously, the very best wishes to the newlyweds!

And yes, I plan on naming my first son Eli. I hope whoever knocks me up is okay with that.

By the way, Keith: I so should have believed you. I will know better now. And please enjoy the 20/20 hindsight perspective on the other Super event that week, Super Tuesday. I'd talk about my other passion (politics) in this post, but I'm just too damn tired of it right now. It's why I'm acting again.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home